There used to be a time when very few adults included strength training in their fitness routine. It was thought of as extreme, unnecessary and even dangerous.
Strength training is when resistance is used to challenge your muscles in order to gain strength and endurance. It can be performed with traditional weights, exercise bands, medicine balls, cable machines, sandbags, kettle bells or even just using your own body weight.
Times have certainly changed as a multitude of strength training benefits were proven by experts, including:
- Strength and muscle tone
- Cardiovascular capacity
- Speed, Agility and Flexibility
- Resistance to injury and disease
If that’s not enough to convince you to learn the proper way to include regular strength training in your fitness routine, then read on.
9 Benefits of Strength Training…
1. Strength Training Builds Muscles: Don’t worry, ladies. This does NOT mean that you’re going to ‘bulk up’ or look too masculine. What will happen is that your arms, tummy and legs will become tighter, leaner and more defined.
2. Strength Training Burns Fat: When it comes to losing size, all that you want to see disappear is fat, not muscle. Strength training ensures that you maintain and grow those muscles and only lose fat.
3. Strength Training Builds Strong Bones: The older we get, the more important our bone density is. A good strength training program is one of your best defenses against osteoporosis.
4. Strength Training Alleviates Anxiety, Stress and Depression: Sure, there are plenty of pills and potions out there that claim to give these benefits, but it's quite obvious that strength training is the more wholesome and effective way.
5. Strength Training Promotes Better Sleep: Here’s another pill or potion you can stop taking once you start strength training. Study after study have proven that strength training improves sleep.
6. Strength Training Can Relieve Chronic Back Pain: If you are one of the millions across the globe who suffer from back pain then you’ll love the benefit of reduced pain.
7. Strength Training Contributes to Insulin Sensitivity: Today diabetes is a huge threat. Minimize your risk by improving insulin sensitivity through regular, challenging strength training.
8. Strength Training Improves Good to Bad Cholesterol Ratio: Here is yet another pill that you could potentially avoid or stop taking while on a strength training routine. Blood pressure and heart health are of utmost concern, so why not give yourself the advantage of a strength training routine?
9. Strength Training Raises Metabolism: This helps to reduce body fat and to keep that body fat off, even on the days that you aren’t able to exercise. Pretty awesome, right?
A solid strength training routine will tone your legs, lift your buns, strengthen your core, and will result in inches and pounds lost.
Whatever your personal interests or health-related issues, Personal Best has the answers.
As Personal Best fitness professionals, we have a responsibility to guide and motivate others to improve their level of health and wellness. We promote a holistic approach to health (mind, body, and spirit), not just encourage physical activity.
If you’re reading this, chances are you're interested in learning ways to improve your health and fitness. Chances are you also want a deeper understanding, some clear direction and guidance and new strategies for making nutrition and fitness work for you.
Personal Best clients come to us for smart solutions and support with lifestyle changes they’ve been trying to make for a long time. Our trainers help you figure out how to get fit and healthy in the context of real, messy human life — and how to stay that way: capable, confident, and content.
At Personal Best you can expect a level of trust and feel genuinely secure asking personal and private questions about your needs, wants and expectations.
The effectiveness of the very best health and fitness advice is directly proportional to the advice takers' capacity to receive it. As Personal Best fitness professionals, we take our role very seriously and expect to earn your trust and confidence before you feel comfortable opening up to us.
Once we truly get to know our clients, we better understand the reasons, which are personal and often times unique, why they can't seem to sustain an exercise and nutrition program. We realize there are mental and emotional reasons that lurk beneath the surface, but first comes mutual trust, compassion and understanding.
Understanding our clients' mindset is a very real and necessary part of our privilege to help people achieve lifelong fitness and health.
Our gratitude and physical mindset approach to our personal training clients is what truly sets Personal Best apart from mainstream personal training.
See for yourself what Personal Best offers because wherever the mind goes, your health and fitness goals will follow.
Personal Best only accepts a few new clients at a time and this time of year starts getting busier so don't put off what you need and what's best for you right now.
As an added incentive, Personal Best and Gold Medal Fitness are offering training programs that include complimentary health club memberships to Gold Medal Fitness so you can practice what we teach!
Call or email us today and decide once and for all to get started and get moving for a lifetime together!